Download the 2020 Mobile Security and BYOD Report by completing the form on the right.
Security and privacy risks are on the rise with the proliferation of personal mobile devices and their increasing use in the enterprise. As mobility grows in the workplace, so do challenges from managing device access to handling the most pressing concerns of mobile security.
The 2020 Mobile Security and BYOD Report focuses on these security challenges and offers fresh insights on the state of securing mobility, the technology choices organizations are making, and their response to the growing security risks associated with enterprise mobility.
Key findings include:
- Organizations see a number of significant benefits from adopting BYOD programs for
mobile users. The most common benefit mentioned in our survey is improved employee
mobility and productivity (72%).
- A number of concerns keep organizations from adopting BYOD more rapidly, including
information security (31%), employee privacy (15%), and support cost (9%).
- Among the security-related concerns, data leakage or loss top the list at (63%). This is
followed by concerns such as users downloading unsafe apps or content (57%), lost or
stolen devices (55%), and unauthorized access to company data and systems (53%).
- Organizations are using various technologies to secure email on mobile devices. The most popular is mobile device management (35%), followed by agentless solutions (12%), and mobile application management (11%). About one quarter (24%) reveals their organization does not secure email on BYOD, and 17% do not allow BYOD access to email.
- Organizations use a variety of solutions to protect against malware on mobile devices,
including endpoint malware protection (42%) and cloud malware protection (9%).
We would like to thank Bitglass for supporting this important industry research project. We
hope you find this report informative and helpful as you continue your efforts in securing your organizations against evolving threats.