Perhaps the biggest impact of a cyber attack is the loss of critical data. While there are many preventative controls, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) software has been consistently effective in minimizing data loss.
The Ponemon Institute studied the impact of DLP in a recent report entitled “The Impact of Data Discovery and Data Classification in Cyber Defense.” The study included the perspective of over 500 data security professionals on several important issues:
• Average cost of cyber security breaches
• Latest trends in sophistication, severity and frequency of cyber attacks
• Loss of intellectual property and impact to a company’s competitive advantage
• How companies rate the effectiveness of their DLP solutions
• How companies rate their ability to locate and protect data
• Comparison of data breach impact between DLP solutions and alternative approaches