All of us who attended last week’s trifecta of security events in Las Vegas – BSides, Black Hat and DEF CON – deal with serious issues and threats every single day. But that doesn’t mean we can’t have a bit of fun.
A number of presenters came up with clever and funny titles for their sessions, and that’s what you need to do to grab the attention of attendees while they’re perusing their daily schedules and deciding where to go next. Having a creative title certainly helps broadcast your message further.
Here are my personal top 5 most creative (and often funny) presentation titles:
- Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies: Beating Deception Technologies
- Outsmarting the Smart City
- What the Fax!?
- For the Love of Money: Finding and Exploiting Vulnerabilities in Mobile Point of Sale Systems
- In Soviet Russia Smartcard Hacks You
- barcOwned – Popping shells with your cereal box
- GOD MODE UNLOCKED – Hardware Backdoors in x86 CPUs
- You’d better secure your BLE devices or we’ll kick your butts!
- The ring 0 façade: awakening the processor’s inner demons
- Blockchain Autopsies – Analyzing Ethereum Smart Contract Deaths