Ransomware attacks are on the rise and continue to wreak havoc as one of the most destructive malware threats that affect organizations of all sizes, from SMBs to large enterprises and government agencies, exploiting security vulnerabilities by infecting endpoints and networks through phishing attacks or malicious websites.
Because ransomware is continuously evolving, organizations face significant challenges in responding to the threat and protecting their IT environments against new types of malware. This 2022 Ransomware Report reveals the latest security trends, challenges, and investment priorities for ransomware protection, as reported by over 236 cybersecurity professionals surveyed in 2022.
Key findings include:
• Fifty-three percent of cybersecurity professionals recognize ransomware as their biggest security challenge.
• Ransomware is viewed as a moderate or extreme threat by 88% of survey respondents.
• In the next 12 months, 71% percent of respondents predict ransomware will become an even bigger threat to their organization.
• Confidence in the ability to detect ransomware remains relatively low. A majority of respondents (63%) are at best only moderately confident in their ability to detect and block ransomware before it spreads to critical systems.
• In response to a ransomware attack, most organizations isolate and shut down affected systems and accounts (75%).
We would like to thank ForeNova for supporting this important research.
We hope you find this report informative and helpful as you continue your efforts to protect your organization against evolving threats.