WP Engine is seeking an experienced security leader to join our team as the Director of Security. This individual will champion our company’s security vision and develop and implement effective security practices and solutions.
WHAT IS COOL ABOUT THIS JOB
At WP Engine, Security isn’t an afterthought or a checkbox. Security is a fundamental component of the value proposition of our core product, and a key reason why customers trust us with their brand and commerce..
The Director of Security at WP Engine will have the opportunity to lead a team of highly skilled security engineers, security analysts and GRC professionals, drive security initiatives to protect our company and our customers, enhance our platform and grow our company’s service offerings. The role is highly cross functional, with active working relationships and partnerships across all departments within the company.
The Director of Security will guide and participate in efforts to create advanced security engineering solutions, assess and mitigate risk, and the implementation of compliance initiatives. The security team’s work is focused on innovative data-driven security solutions. You will be empowered to give back to the security community through research and publications
THE DAY TO DAY
- Leads the creation and evolution of our company strategy on corporate security in collaboration with senior company leadership
- Leads the technical security systems, processes, policies, controls & team to deliver on the highest possible security for WP Engine’s infrastructure, platform and customer website security.
- Leads governance and risk management function in collaboration with senior company leadership.
- Leads the planning and execution of security initiatives that enable us to achieve SOX and SOC 2 compliance.
- Experienced in leading security incident management triage in concert with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as an integral member of the R&D senior leadership team, championing security initiatives and their inclusion into overall R&D strategies, projects and goals.
- Performs risk management and approaches security via a risk based approach, clearly communicating risk and prioritizing security solutions based on level of exposure and risk. *Manages third party security relationships on behalf of the company.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND PASSION
- 7+ years of experience leading a technical security organization BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline preferred, but not required.
- Experience developing security engineering and governance, risk, and compliance initiatives and teams.
- Dedication to delivering well informed and highly effective security solutions In depth knowledge of technical security threats and their corresponding solutions and mitigations.
- Experience with red and blue team security disciplines.
- Experience with open source applications in Linux environments.
- Experience with the security landscape of cloud environments.
- Experience managing security incidents and vulnerability disclosure programs.
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Attend security conferences & events
- Dedicated “Hacktivity” sessions to sharpen skills and break all of the things.
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries).
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company).
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision).
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement).
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D).
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off).
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement).
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday).
- Gym membership discount.