Cybersecurity leaders continue to calibrate and extend their attack surface management capabilities as their organizations contend with a worsening threat landscape, as well as on-going hybrid workplace, hybrid cloud, and digital business growth.
The 2022 Attack Surface Management Maturity Report has been produced by Cybersecurity Insiders, the 500,000 member online community of information security professionals, to explore the current state, exposures, and priorities that organizations need to consider to fortify their security posture.
Key findings include:
• 60% of organizations have low confidence in their ability to manage attack surface risk.
• 53% of organizations find remote workers deviating from security policy.
• 80% of organizations are pursuing a hybrid or multi-cloud strategy, and many organizations are experiencing qualified staff, infrastructure and misconfiguration visibility, and control automation cloud protection challenges.
• Only 45% of organizations have advanced asset intelligence with visibility and insight for over 75% of their assets, with the majority of respondents expressing asset inventory blind spots.
• Only 30% of organizations are very confident in their patch management efficacy.
• Organizations are considering platforms (46%) to leverage their tool investments, as 39% of respondents are unsure about replacing their siloed management tools to secure the entire IT estate.
We want to thank Oomnitza for supporting this important industry research. We hope you find this report informative and helpful as you continue your efforts to protect your organizations against evolving threats.