The new normal of hybrid work models, access to more cloud apps, and increasing economic uncertainty are driving insider risk to new levels.
The 2023 Insider Threat Report surveyed over 326 cybersecurity professionals to reveal the latest trends and challenges facing organizations in this changing environment. The report explores how IT and cybersecurity professionals adapt to better deal with risky insiders and how organizations are preparing to better protect their critical data and IT infrastructure.
Key findings include:
• 74% of organizations say insider attacks have become more frequent
• 74% of organizations say they are at least moderately vulnerable or worse to insider threats
• More than half of organizations have experienced an insider threat in the last year, and 8% have experienced more than 20
• 68% of respondents are concerned or very concerned about insider risk as their organizations return to the office or transition to hybrid work; only 3% are not concerned
• 53% say detecting insider attacks is harder in the cloud
The 2023 Insider Threat Report has been produced by Cybersecurity Insiders, the 600,000-member online community for information security professionals to explore how organizations respond to the evolving security threats in the cloud. We would like to thank Gurucul for supporting this unique research.
We hope you find this report informative and helpful as you continue your efforts in protecting your IT environments against insider threats.