This post was originally published here by gregg rodriguez.
AWS re:Inforce 2019 may still be a month away, but if you’re like most IT and security professionals you may have your hands full, leaving you with little time to prepare. If so, and you’re planning on attending, don’t worry–we wrote this blog post to help you get started.
AWS re:Inforce 2019 will take place June 25 and 26 at the Boston Convention and Exhibit Center.
As AWS’s first-ever conference exclusively focused on cloud security, AWS re:Inforce 2019 is a crucial event for security professionals and anyone else concerned about the security of their AWS infrastructure. Here are some tips to help you take advantage of great online resources so you can plan ahead and hit the ground running the minute you arrive.
Top AWS resources to help you re:Inforce like a pro
- The Difference Between AWS re:Inforce and re:Invent: AWS re:Invent is a massive show that covers all aspects of cloud computing, including best practices and latest tools, AWS re:Inforce is hyperfocused on security.
- Keynote: re:Inforce keynote to be delivered by Steve Schmidt, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer for AWS, and other AWS leaders and customers. Be there to be among the first to learn about exciting new products and solutions from AWS.
- Security Learning Hub: Connect with AWS experts and partners (including CloudPassage) at the Security Learning Hub, where you can hang out in the Jam and Developer Lounges, or compete in the Capture the Flag challenge. You can also gain valuable hands-on experience at the Builders Fair, and get your most pressing security questions answered by AWS experts and partners in 30-minute-demo theater sessions.
- AWS re:Inforce Session Catalog: At AWS re:Inforce you’ll get many opportunities to access content at multiple levels, including breakout sessions, workshops, hands-on and builders sessions to pique the interests of security professionals comprising a variety of roles— business-level decision makers to CISOs. Topics will include: identity and access management, detective controls, infrastructure security, data protection, incident response, governance, risk, and compliance.
- Security Jam: The Security Jam is a high-energy hackathon, where AWS will provide an incident response scenario so you can practice against simulated security incidents. Leverage a wide range of AWS services to perform incident investigation and recovery. AWS experts will be available to discuss ideas, provide guidance, and help you build native cloud solutions. Be sure to reserve a seat once reserved seating opens for all other content.
- Top Breakouts: If you still haven’t decided which breakouts to attend, stay tuned for our blog post on the: Top 5 Breakouts to Attend at re:Inforce, coming next week.
- Bonus Tip: We also recommend stopping by the CloudPassage Booth: If you need security and compliance visibility of your critical applications in AWS, you should stop by our booth #443–the most secure booth on the show floor.
- You can get a quick demo of the Halo platform to see how you can eliminate security blind spots and better manage cyber risk. Plus we’ll have t-shirts, Don stress dolls, and other cool swag, along with a chance to win a Sony Playstation 4 Slim.