As many people across the world are working from home these days to keep their office operations going, hackers are seeing these devices as vulnerable points to infiltrate corporate networks. So, here are some strategies that can make your work from home experience spectacularly cyber secure.
- Security experts are recommending telecommuting workers to use VPN services to keep their homes protected from hackers.
- As your employer trusts you immensely and is sharing critical data and apps to be used from home, it is your responsibility to keep the information and application super- safe from hackers. Therefore, it’s better if you do not save your office data on your cloud-based personal accounts to avoid accidental spills.
- Make sure that your lock your device when you are away for a break or at the end of the day as there is a good amount of chance that your kids might open up your emails and video chat with your boss and create a mess.
- Never use the same browser for your personal use and office work and better stick to Firefox and its tools.
- Never share your selfies or workstation pictures on your respective social media accounts as we never know when they fall prey to prying eyes.
- Do not reveal your work from home details on your social media accounts as it might attract the attention of hackers.
- Never share your device with your spouse who works for a different company as it can lead to data steal or leak accidentally or sometimes intentionally.
- Use a separate work folder for your office data and personal information as there is a chance that your company’s IT staff might get access to the information which you might never want to share.
- Never use your social media accounts on your browser when working on an office-related project. As nowadays, services such as Facebook do offer web tools that unknowingly start keeping track of your browser activities.